|Forum - Casual Lounge
||Discuss anything not related to stocks|
|From: santelli (Rep: 1669) reply to Leoncina||Date: 10/30/2009 17:46|
|Forum: Casual Lounge - Msg #449||Thread #672812050 (Rec: 0) |
|Re: Dr. Oz's H1N1 TIPS|
I take vitamin D3 and vitamin C daily eat alot of chicken, fish and use garlic and other natural spices and fresh fruits - I havent had a flu of any kind in 20 yrs (since I left school where we got flu shots) I also dont get flu shots or visit the Dr for anything more than regular checkups, Frs offices and hospitals are for sick people. have a great weekend !
if you cant play momentum, dont buy my stocks. no margin no play- I am doing 50++++ scalp trades a day
depending on YOUR risk/reward/tolerance do what YOU think is best. no one should follow me in my trades.
TRADE WITH EMOTIONS and LOSE YOUR MONEY.
Be responsible Read the news check the charts be sure of earnings date, make some money. do NOT buy my stocks posted.
| Reply to Leoncina - Msg #448 - 10/30/2009 17:23|
The following advice, given by Dr. Oz, makes a lot of sense and is important for all to know:
The only portals of entry are the nostrils and mouth/throat. In a global epidemic of this nature, it's almost impossible to avoid coming into contact with H1N1 in spite of all precautions. Contact with H1N1 is not so much of a problem as proliferation is.
While you are still healthy and not showing any symptoms of H1N1 infection, in order to prevent proliferation, aggravation of symptoms and development of secondary infections, some very simple steps, not fully highlighted in most official communications, can be practiced (instead of focusing on how to stock N95 or Tamiflu):
1. Frequent hand-washing (well highlighted in all official communications).
2. "Hands-off-the-face" approach. Resist all temptations to touch any part of face (unless you want to eat or bathe.)
3. *Gargle twice a day with warm salt water (use Listerine or Hydrogen Peroxide if you don't trust salt). *H1N1 takes 2-3 days after initial infection in the throat/ nasal cavity to proliferate and show characteristic symptoms. Simple gargling prevents proliferation. In a way, gargling with salt water has the same effect on a healthy individual that Tamiflu has on an infected one. Don't underestimate this simple, inexpensive and powerful preventative method.
4. Similar to 3 above, *clean your nostrils at least once every day with warm salt water, or hydrogen peroxide. *Not everybody may be good at Jala Neti or Sutra Neti (very good Yoga asanas to clean nasal cavities), but *blowing the nose softly once a day and swabbing both nostrils with cotton buds dipped in warm salt water is very effective in bringing down viral population.*
5. *Boost your natural immunity with foods that are rich in Vitamin C (Amla and other citrus fruits). *If you have to supplement with Vitamin C tablets, make sure that it also has Zinc to boost absorption.
6. *Drink as much of warm liquids (tea, coffee, etc) as you can. *Drinking warm liquids has the same effect as gargling, but in the reverse direction. They wash off proliferating viruses from the throat into the stomach where they cannot survive, proliferate or do any harm.
TheLion.com | About Us | Agreement & Disclaimer | Privacy | Twitter
© 1999- TheLion.com, Inc.