Mon 5/25/2020 10:31 ET
DJIA24465.169.790.04%TELCO163.610.670.41%GOLD1727.258.290.48%Shanghai2817.974.230.15%
S&P 5002955.457.090.24%BANKS310.942.710.87%OIL33.410.160.48%BITCOIN8823.7661.770.70%
NASDAQ9324.590.000.00%PHARM600.103.600.60%US/EU1.090.000.00%Futures2985.8832.841.10%
Welcome Stranger!  Please sign up or log in to enable additional features.Sign Up | Mail | Log In
Forum - The Best Of Gonabe (The India Fund - IFN)    Brain Teasers To Trade By

Msg Top | Msg List | < Prev | Next > | Post New | Reply | Privately | Search | Add IFN

From: blacksheep (Rep: 335)Date: 11/17/2007 08:36
Forum: The Best Of Gonabe - Msg #7 - List IFN msgs No Thread (Rec: 0)
Thieving monkeys 'out of control' in northeast India
Nov 17 04:08 AM US/Eastern
Troupes of monkeys are out of control in India's northeast, stealing mobile phones and breaking into homes to steal soft drinks from refrigerators, lawmakers in the region have complained.
"Monkeys are wreaking havoc in my constituency by taking away mobile phones, toothpastes, sipping coke after opening the refrigerators," Hiren Das told Assam state's assembly.
He said the primates were "even slapping women who try to chase them".
"It is a cause of serious concern in my area, with more than 1,000 such simians turning aggressive by the day," fumed Goneswar Das, another legislator representing Raha in eastern Assam.

From: JesseJames90210 score (394)
Reply To: Msg # 978070 by spuds score (304)
Forum: TheLion.com: Wall Street Pit Forum
Date: Fri August 11, 2006 07:48:05 PM
Message #: of 27
Re: India fund selling off on terror threat in India....the 'terror' discount is

Exactly,,,the entire situation is a "production".
Not unlike a Hollywood Movie script.

It's all a Docudrama.

"There is no NEWS MEDIA,
we do have a sort of BARD Co-Op ,however"....LOL

MUCH MILEAGE is gotten from linking "Events" of all sorts to Economy & Mkt.

RARELY is any event so direct & immediate an effect.
But Invariably a Useful excuse,,,a hype engine.

The anticipated reaction is played on a bridge-over basis,
and the profit is had on the back end of the reaction-generated activity.

Short the Spikes,,Buy the Dips

9/11 stands as The Premiere Example of More Effort than Effect in all the history of HypeWorld..IMO

There's some interesting Mkt Facts about that which are Never discussed.
Of course it's 100% supported by actual ,readily available data,,,otherwise it'd just be more hype.

What's perhaps the most interesting observation is that even when the data & facts are displayed and explained,,
majority of Traders CANNOT accept it.
The effect on them is worse than a kid finding out there ain't no Santa Claus,,or that they're adopted,etc.
It unravels their beleif system,,which is directly tied to much beyond merely "the mkt".

To Accept it would also certainly cause some pondering of the implications of it all.
The implications are unfathomable,,even to me.

Much easier to spin the subjective aspects into a palatable appraisal,accept THAT as fact,,consider the matter resolved,,and go on with life.

Which is a position VERY EASILY supportable with the simple invocation of ,
"Well we'll never know 100% for certain..",,,
which IS an indisputable fact.

Interjection of actual Truths is an age-old solution to resolving ambiguity.
Not that it totals to create an absolute truth,
but at least to the extent that it instills enough confidence to carry-on as one pleases.

More commonly known as "excuses".

Life is Grand in that way,and Human Nature Marvelous.
That we can generally function just as well on excuses as we can on reason.
And do so with almost invariably lots less friction.

Anyway,,,You're absolutely correct about the Media.
Their presentation is always for EFFECT to serve a variety of agendas.
And always subject to parasitic opportunism.
Anyone is welcome to play along in the skit,,free to assume any role that might be advantageous.

ANY bit of "news" will almost certainly be tested for it's "Market Force Value".

Thats one of the fundamentals of MARKET LOGIC,,and probabaly root of a lot of the confusion between Mkt Logic and Common Logic.

The Market Dont Need no stinkin' REASON,,
Only an EXCUSE.

Making "The Media" Our Friend,,cuz it's a Bountiful Source of what we use to move the market.

Have a Great Weekend,Spuds!

"Don't take no Wooden Nickles,
Unless ya know someone ELSE who will ;)
Assam's wildlife minister, Rockybul Hussain, said the state government has formed a panel to study the problem.

Because of shrinking forest cover, monkeys have increasingly moved into cities elsewhere in India as well.

Last week, around two dozen people were hurt after monkeys rampaged through a New Delhi neighbourhood.

Last month, the deputy mayor of Delhi died when he fell from his balcony after being attacked by monkeys.

Efforts to drive out the animals is complicated by the fact that devout Hindus view them as an incarnation of Hanuman, the monkey god who symbolises strength.

Copyright AFP 2007, AFP stories and photos shall not be published, broadcast, rewritten for broadcast or publication or redistributed directly or indirectly in any medium

http://seerayrun.com/

The Jungle is not another Wall Street Pit

What would you like to do? Message: Endorse | Bookmark | Report AbuseUser blacksheep: Reward | Watch | IgnoreIFN: Ignore

Msg Top | Msg List | < Prev | Next > | Post New | Reply | Privately | Search | Add IFN

TheLion.com | About Us | Agreement & Disclaimer | Privacy | Twitter
© 1999- TheLion.com, Inc.